Slotted Right Rear Rotor - SPORT SUSPENSION ONLY
StopTech Brake Rotors - SportStop Slotted: Excessive heat can cause resins in your brake pad to vaporize or "outgas." As the brake pad wears, the used friction material turns into a fine dust. This boundary layer of heat, gas and dust builds up between the pad and rotor surfaces and inhibits performance. Here's where StopTech SportStop slotted brake rotors make a big difference. StopTech SportStop Slotted Brake Rotors are a true performance rotor and feature:
* Power Alloy castings (on select applications)
- Engineered Performance Rotor
- Superior resistance to cracking due to thermal stress
- Increased molybdenum (higher carbon)content that extends reliability, service life and helps reduce NVH “noise” issues
- Rotor material is a direct descendant of the patented AeroRotor from StopTech
* Introducing directional curve vane design (on select applications)
- Improved vane design or OE equivalent on all rotors
- Center split castings
* New short slot design runs perpendicular to the vane to preserve rotor strength.
* Direct OE Replacement
* Improved wet weather response
* Increased initial “bite”
* Double disc ground for a consistent friction surface and Improved pad bed-in
* Mill balanced
* Black E-Coated non-friction surfaces on “Power Alloy” rotors
* Enhances open wheel appearance
Stop Tech Power Slot 2003+ Mazda RX8 RIGHT REAR
$150.71 Regular Price
StopTech was founded in March of 1999 with a singular mission: Become the leading manufacturer and supplier of high performance brake components and systems. United by their passion for racing and high performance vehicles, the founding staff sought to challenge the status quo in known brake technology, and set new paradigms for brake upgrade systems.
In service of the mission, and as a direct result of our ongoing brake research, StopTech has to date received three patents in brake technology and has one patent currently pending.
StopTech is the first aftermarket brake company to offer balanced front brake upgrades, engineered to dramatically improve overall braking performance while remaining compatible with the stock OE rear brakes. This has significantly advanced the state of art in aftermarket brake upgrades.
StopTech is now the worldwide leader in Balanced Brake Upgrades™ for production cars, with over 277 platform offerings. The company consistently wins braking contests performed by independent publications, and is now the dominant, preferred brake system in the SPEED World Challenge® Touring Car Series, the most competitive, production based sprint race series in North America. The company also participates in Grand-Am® Cup, the premier production based endurance racing series in North America.
Core competencies: StopTech engineers and manufactures high performance brake rotors, calipers, DOT compliant stainless steel lines, and brake upgrade systems for the racing and performance street markets. The company distributes OE aftermarket rotors, brake pads and brake fluid. StopTech's ST-40 and ST-60 calipers are manufactured using a squeeze-forged process.
Caliper bodies, hats, and brackets are machined to ISO standards at StopTech's manufacturing facilities in Torrance, California using the latest CNC machines that feature active tooling.
StopTech has received the prestigious TüV approval in Europe for a number of its offerings, and